Entrepreneur, Explorer, Angel.
Sometimes all at Once.
29TH September 2014
500 Start Ups - Entrepreneur - Trust Cloud - Uncategorized - Venture Capital
Cool ideas from 500 Start Up- Batch 10
I have the unique experience this summer of being in two accelerators at once- GCT and 500… and hanging out with some pretty cool companies. Here are a few from the 500 Batch 10 (Norte: run by Parker Thompson) that I have spent some time with and deserve a deeper dive:
- Mind Your Business– recently won App of the Day in NYC. Basically, an its app that uses muni API’s to helps SMB’s by keeping city hall’s hands out of their pockets by monitoring permits, fees, and other neighborhood activity that might affect business.
- CareLuLu is categorizing and rating the quality and safety of day care centers. Uh, that’s a good idea.
- Lend Square allows locals to lend to locals through their platform. Wow, has lending in Chicago changed since last century!
So DemoDay is three weeks away. Come check the whole batch out if you’re one of those “qualified” people. And here’s some tips for getting into the next Accelerator.
- Cigars and Celebrations
- February 19, 2018
- Fire and Fury? Well, Havana’s safe as ever, guys. (IMHO)
- January 06, 2018
- An Entrepreneur’s Life
- January 01, 2018
- 10 Things to ask before Investing with someone
- May 08, 2014
- Angel investing for Family Offices: What if you knew ‘Zuck… back then.
- July 10, 2013
- Now I really want to be like Peter Thiel
- June 11, 2016