I was listening to Chamath, the great Facebook growth officer on his basic tenets of “just figuring things out”. I think that’s one of the things I like most about him- he doesn’t cover any of his success in some magic formula or a black box. He openly admits to just a few rules, and a lot of grinding.
He admits to being a card sharp when he was in his teen, in Toronto. I imagine he got good the same way- figuring things out. Here are some of his best;
- Don’t dismiss the fact that things have been done a way for a reason
- It’s not ALL disruption.
- Invalidate LORE and antidote.
- Use factual data and decisions.
- Divorce practice from the result.
- Repeat tens of thousand of times.
- Acquire true domain expertise.