Entrepreneur, Explorer, Angel.
Sometimes all at Once.
18TH August 2016
Timeless - Timely - Uncategorized
Walter Hotz passed on.
In my ten years of leading KFAC, I was never more proud of anything than the unbridled enthusiasm and dedication that this man brought to the party. Literally, all the way to the party.
In the words of a fellow paddler; Walter was that guy you never wanted to beat but you always loved seeing hit the beach. The guy who came back every summer, high fived you before the crossing, hugged you after. The guy who was on every team, who cheered for all of us and inspired us to keep fucking going. Carpe Paddlum, brother.
In the years since we first set out across 14 miles of open sea, I have seen a lot of people throwing themselves into extreme challenges- crossing deserts, scaling peaks, running insane distances- and legions of volunteers there to make it possible. Walter, no doubt, belongs at the front. “He was a citizen of Rome”, Cassius said to end the movie Gladiator, “honor him”.
Walter was a citizen of KFAC. I’d honor him in this life, or the next. Carpe Paddlum, indeed.
- Pepsi Where’s My Jet? A movie idea from Miles of Movies on Reelay
- January 31, 2023
- Watercolor of TWA Terminal, Miles Spencer v06.22.22
- January 27, 2023
- Miles Spencer Watercolor v07.15.22 Prison
- December 19, 2022
- 10 Things to ask before Investing with someone
- May 08, 2014
- Angel investing for Family Offices: What if you knew ‘Zuck… back then.
- July 10, 2013
- Now I really want to be like Peter Thiel
- June 11, 2016